Hula Halau Ke 'Olu Makani O Mauna Loa

Hula Halau Ke 'Olu Makani O Mauna Loa
Hula Halau Ke 'Olu Makani O Mauna Loa Photo by J. Osprey

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

HERE IT IS

Well, we went and dunnit again. We made it through another year in Paradise, and now it's 2012. Wow! As you can see, I haven't been posting much over the last couple of weeks. I have been working on overcoming some personal challenges, and with lots of healthy food, rest, meditation and love from very caring and nurturing friends, I am much better today because of you. Mahalo.

There are some very exciting things happening at my desk.

1)  I am working on a NEW Maku'u Farmer's Market website that is gonna knock your slippa right off! All of the regular vendors will be listed with links to their websites, plus the Food Court vendors, photos of all the happenings, Vendors of the Month, and a fresh new look. The launch will take place around the end of February/beginning of March. I promise to keep everyone posted on Facebook, Google+ and on the Blog.

2)  In the same time frame, the Punaverse will launch another new site: the Punaverse Channel on Youtube. The stories and photos on the Punaverse Blog are great, and now the videos will add another dimension to these stories and your entertainment. I will be posting videos of my travels around Puna including music, interviews of interesting punatics and who knows what else! Stay tuned.

3)  And now, about the Punaverse Blog. 50 STORIES - 50 WEEKS. I have a list of 50 select stories and places to see in Puna. None of these stories are repeats on the Blog. Some places are well known and some places are almost secret, known to only a handful of locals. You will be amazed at some of the things that exist right here in Puna, and you can experience them right here on the Punaverse Blog. So, by bus, bicycle, hitch-hiking, or with a friend, I'll get these stories to you.

Please join me on a journey through Puna and into the Punaverse each week with 50 STORIES - 50 WEEKS.  May you be local or planning a trip to Puna, get in touch with me...maybe we can explore together.

A Hui Hou. .J. Osprey

One more thing..if you missed the Prairie Home Companion show on New Year's eve. From Honolulu, here is a link to the show. 

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2011/12/31/

No comments:

Post a Comment